Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:15:44 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Think The Vanagon Battery Can Be A Pain To Get To?
Comments: To: Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>

I have a 92 Eurovan manual trans, MV poptop. I'm sure it's a learning process like anything.. and .. unlike a vanagon compared to all VW's that proceeded the vanagon .. a Eurovan is a nightmare to work on.

Probably tolerable after learning them. They may be safer crash wise ( which I am sure is a lot of the thinking behind the front engine FWD design ) .. and more aerodynamic, and more modern tech .. but they are not home-tech friendly at all, near as I can so far.

my EV is for sale too...that bright turquoise color . If it was a typical automatic trans non-poptop in a dull color, I never would have got it in the first place.

Right near the late 80's ..into the early 90's cars are not that bad generally .. after that they just get more stuff packed in .. more complicated and crazier.

that's another great thing about vanagons . nice level of technology .. sure knock sensor ignition would be nice....distributor less ignition .... sequential fuel injection, and air mass meter.. all that would be nice. 90's era EFI in Subaru is not bad really .....I even have a plan to run a waterboxer on Subaru EFI someday . Not impossible I'm sure. Megasquirt is a possibility too.

what fun ! Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Maglott" <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:59 PM Subject: Re: Think The Vanagon Battery Can Be A Pain To Get To?