Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:37:45 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel bellhousing
Comments: cc: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Let's not go down that road...

I've bought from that vendor many times. He doesn't have the best prices but is highly reliable and knows what he is doing. When I was dealing him, he was an unemployed engineer who would drive from Poland to junkyards in Sweden to pick-up parts from discarded T3's of every persuassion.

I once had him cut the left side of a Tristar and ship to California. He delivered the parts to a freight aggregator in Hamburg, Germany for the cost of fuel. When the shipper tried to dispute the status of my delivery, the photos and videos he made when he dropped the parts off were highly instrumental in sorting things out.

It was almost forgivable that he used a forklift to charge into a rusty Tristar like a bull to a matador. Or the one where he played air-guitar on a Stihl chop on the roof of the Doka donor.

Shipping cost sucks from anywhere and is often the deal killer. Economy (aka surface service) shipping will save you money but cost time.

BenT Mod

On Oct 3, 2011, at 8:08 PM, Jeff Schwaia <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Concerning that Samba ad... I know it's not PC, and I do try not to chuckle > when I read "Shipping with Polish Postal Service". But I just can't help > it. Sounds like the beginning of a joke..