Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Oct 2011 17:38:28 -0600
From:         ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van stories Compilation
Comments: To: John Jensen <bluesbug@verizon.net>

I was looking for a small to medium size camper that had descent fuel economy when my uncle Steve showed me this 82 diesel westy for$ 200.00 it didn't run and it needed lots of love and restoration, he talked me into it,for some reason I purchased it I future's if I couldn't get it to run I could break even parting it out or scrapping it. I purchased a$ 100.00 bently book and a$ 100.00 battery and four hours later I had it running,the fridge and stove working. After replacing a bunch of burnt up wires due to a poor stereo install and finding a broken off glow plug and and easy out broke off inside it,the po I figured out was an Idiot!!! So$ 400.00 of parts after purchase it was ready for a trial run/close camping trip. My then 4 yr old daughter fell in love with it and it was growing on me too!!! Then over the winter I put approximately$ 3k into it for body,paint,new canvass,wheels and tires. Yes it grew on me more than I let on!! This year we went on a wonderful camping trip, we went to the Iowa state fair, Ledges st park in Boone Iowa camped out there for two nights and rode the steam train. We then drove to Lake Okaboji Iowa and camped out for 3 days of fun and Arnold's park an amusement park that's been there since the 30-40s. After that wonderful trip with my daughter and mother we all fell in love with Velma a name we christened her with on that trip. Our relationship is still new and growing!!! Next year we will venture out of state to the black hills of South Dakota. My daughter and I can't wait till then!!

Velma 82diesel 1.6 na westy