Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:54:24 -0700
From:         Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Auto Transmission slipping
Comments: To: Daniel O Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

Dan-

Thanks, that's good info. Based on that then, would any good trans shop familiar with VW's be able to do it, or are there tricks to the Vanagon that require a more delicate touch. Does the engine have to be pulled to do the AT or can they pull it with the engine in place. My experience working on VW Vans is limited to a split window I used to have - as I recall, 8 bolts, a wire, a hose and the engine comes out. Never worked on the trans though.

-Dan