Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:29:24 -0700
From:         Daniel Rotblatt <d.rotblatt@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cost of AT rebuild?
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <garciasghostvw@gmail.com>

Robert,

I just read the Bently procedure on R&Ring the AT and it really doesn't look too bad - so I getting tempted unless i get a really good quote from my mechanic. It really doesn't look like more then an afternoon's work each way. I suspect it's little tricky seating the torque converter.

As to the milage, it's probably around 125-130K. The odometer stopped with the PO at 118K and he had it a few years but said he didn't put more then 5k on it. That fits with the paperwork (goes back 15 years or more). I've put a few K on it driving to Santa Fe and Mammoth this summer. I suspect the differential is just fine. I thought the AT was a transaxle and was one unit. Live and learn :-)

Dan L.A., CA '85 Westy Weekender "Winky"