Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:19:08 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: PSA Frog Tape & Painting A Vanagon

Thanks for the tip. This is what I am about to do to mine, paint it a section at a time. I am gathering the bits and pieces that I need, including a door or two and all the rubber. I'd appreciate any other information, like what kind of tapes DO work (not that I will be bothering with masking rubber very much). I wet-sanded an enameled MGA one time and I would not want to do it again, especially on a van. But a few years ago when I did just one door that had been damaged, the one-step paint came out nice and shiny. Everything else I have done has been two-step, which seems to make a nice finish and of course is imperative if you're painting metallic.

Was the paint a two-step paint? How much did you have to buy to cover the van?

Jim