Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:22:57 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Experiences with CRC 2-26
Comments: To: John Lauterbach <jhlauterbach@BELLSOUTH.NET>

Sound good. I use CRC brand electrical contact cleaner ...... seems to work fine. I sort of 'can't stand' just bare metal electrical contacts in 20 + year old vanagons myself. every contact has to have 'something' on it, more or less.

to me, the issues are .... having a good clean electrical contact, and corrosion prevention.

I use electrical contact cleaner, dielectric grease, and WD-40 at various places .. from tail lights to the ECU main plug.....usually 'something.' for an ecu plug I'd use electrical contact cleaner.

Don't know what you mean by 'on either side of the AFM > vane. ' not the flapper door I dont' think. You mean on the actual sweeper arm on the electronic part under the black cover ?

scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Lauterbach" <jhlauterbach@BELLSOUTH.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:03 AM Subject: Experiences with CRC 2-26