Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:46:58 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: California emission and conealed carry rule's regulations?
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@gmail.com>

I was stopped in California (rural, near Reno) and told to "step out of the vehicle"...Dunno why that was, I was in a pickup with a car trailer behind and I am a balding respectable looking mature guy, not even a minority......As I opened my door, the CHP caught a glimpse of the handle of my camp machete, which I usually carry in the cab. He frikken freaked out! Pulled his gun, slammed me up against the cab...I was pretty scared he might shoot me or something. He says "I should impound your rig and take you in, you a88hole!. You can't carry a weapon in your car in California..." I think that guy was a bit 'over the top' like some California law enforcement tend to get...But I didn't tell HIM that....I just "Yes, Officer-ed" him until he calmed down and backed off...Jerk!

Oh, and he wrote me for 'driving against the traffic'...a stiff fine ticket because he set up his speed trap just beyond a hill crest, the first passing zone in many many miles. A passing lane with double yellow on both sides of that hill. I was attempting to get finished with my pass on a slow vehicle, I could see the downill road ahead for about 3 miles. I lapped over the double yellow into the uphill passing lane for about 100 yards as I finished my pass.....He'd obviously been using this trap spot for a long time....Double Jerk!

Don Hanson