Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Oct 2011 15:07:55 -0600
From:         ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: California emission and conealed carry rule's regulations?
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

Sweet!! Im planning on a tdi in the future but dunno if before my trip!!

Velma 82diesel 1.6 na westy

On Oct 29, 2011 4:03 PM, "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" < scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

The only way anyone in California would have anything to say about your Iowa-registered diesel vehicle is if there's a lot of smoke coming out of it. I haven't lived there for a decade plus ... but traditionally anyone could call 1-800-Smog or some # similar to that to report any vehicle that's smoking excessively . Typically ...........an owner of say an older Mercedes Diesel car would get a letter in the mail from the DMV stating that their vehicle had been observed smoking excessively, and they should get it repaired, and that with 3 such reports, or whatever ........they might require action to be taken on the vehicle.. or the DMV might not register it for another year. ...

otherwise.. in all cases, you can drive any vehicle that is legally registered in it's home state as visitor all you want. If you start staying somewhere, or 'living' somewhere in the state you are supposed to get it registered in Ca by 30 or 60 days ... but that won't apply to you. The only slight concern you might have is if your van smokes badly .. and the worse that would happen is they'd send a letter to the address the van is registered to and say it was observed smoking too much and you should take care of it.

I 'suppose' one could get a ticket of some sort from an officer of the law ....for excessive smoke... though I've never heard of anything like that japanning, and I've lived in Ca for over 35 years altogether.

As long as she ain't smokin' too much, you have current registration and proof of insurance, and you're visiting , nobody can say anything to you.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "ralph meyermann" < ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 7:20 AM Subject: Re: California emission and conealed carry rule's regulations?