Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:13:48 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: it's cold in MT and my van won't start re: belt tightening
Comments: To: mkriley@FUSE.NET

hmmmmm, here's my 'easy' no prying Alt Belt tensioning method. I tilt the alternator out until there's a litte belt tension.. and tighten the tension bolt so it holds, but not super tight, so I can draw the alternator to the right with a channel lock pliers.

a pliers like that easily pulls the bolt head toward the end of the tension bar , that the bolt goes through. When you get the tension you want, tighten the bolt the rest of the way.

scott turbovans

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Riley" <mkriley@FUSE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:26 AM Subject: it's cold in MT and my van won't start re: belt tightening