Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Nov 2011 14:20:18 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: No start/ Yes spark II
Comments: To: mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

I had an ignition switch that intermittently and distinctly did not supply '15' power during starter cranking. This was in an 87 Syncro Doka with AAZ 1.9 TD engine.

it would crank just fine, and had that syndrome where if you just let off the 'start' position back to 'on'... and catch it just right...the engine would still be turning a turn or two when it got that '15' juice from the 'on' position in the ignition switch, and it would fire up.

A new ignition switch fixed it just fine, so 100 % certain it was a bad ign sw.

So might check that '15' voltage is present during starter cranking. or try the 'catch it just right' method. or just , as suggested, quickly plug in another ign switch and operate it with a screw driver.

scott ----- Original Message ----- From: "mark drillock" <mdrillock@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:23 AM Subject: Re: No start/ Yes spark II