Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Nov 2011 23:00:24 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: '85 1.9 - fuel issues - SOLVED
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

There are several water issues on Vanagons. Corners of the front windshield, water in the brake lines, and water in the gas tank. Each has it own specific solution. Lots out there on resealing the windshield. Bleed the brakes every two years to remove water of condensation that occurs over time, and add a bottle of Heet to the fuel tank every once in a while. Heet is alcohol, and alcohol is hygroscopic - ie - it absorbs water, then it will go through the fuel system without killing the engine, and most often without it even even so much as a cough. Of course if somebody has "done ya" that is a different matter.

John

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com

On 11/7/2011 10:07 PM, Jeff Lincoln wrote: > Well, the issue is solved. It seems I had A LOT of water in my gas tank. > > I'm still not sure how considering I just installed a reseal kit this > summer and I know I did it all correctly and the tank has no holes. I mean > there was enough water in there that if I didn't know any better I'd think > someone poured it in on purpose. > > > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '85 GL (Gertie) > '90 Carat (Grover - the noble parts donor) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus > >