Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:38:19 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Corvair-powered Bay on Virginia CL
Comments: To: Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>

Wasn't there something called a Corvair Spyder that was supposed to be a bit of a whiz?

JOhn

John Rodgers Clayartist and Moldmaker 88'GL VW Bus Driver Chelsea, AL Http://www.moldhaus.com

On 11/11/2011 4:29 PM, Tom Hargrave wrote: > If the engine fell out he did not have it properly bolted in and that was > not GM's fault. And if it happened to someone more than once I suggest not > letting him work on anything you value. > > Prices got so low by the early 70's that you could find a nice driver for > $250 - $500. That's why your friends could pick up broken ones for nothing. > Owners were happy to have someone tow their non-running Corvairs out of > their driveways because the alternative was to pay a junkyard to pick the > car up. > > Thanks, Tom Hargrave > www.stir-plate.com > www.towercooler.com > www.kegkits.com > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf Of > ed donnen > Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 3:35 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Corvair-powered Bay on Virginia CL > > I know of one problem with the Corvair, the engine would fall out if you > stopped on a steep hill going up. Happened to a friend of mine more than > once. > I know two brothers that spent a lot of time picking up busted Corvairs and > towing them out to their farm in Florida. Must of had about 30 or so, all > over the place. From time to time they would go out and "gather" parts as > needed. I don't know what happened to the farm by now. The kind of stuff > legends are made of. > ed- I got VW sickness, don't need no Corvair malady. > ----- > No virus found in this message. > Checked by AVG - www.avg.com > Version: 10.0.1382 / Virus Database: 2092/4010 - Release Date: 11/11/11 > >