Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:05:58 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas/fuel tank
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>

The fuel tank is not that hard to get at all. A few vendors sell them. I recommend getting the highest quality one you can find, not the cheapest one you can find.

I got one a few months ago from Van Cafe and was quite pleased with it.

and.........there is another factor you should know about ...2WD Vanagon fuel tanks come in two versions.. yours has a large metal filler neck, which can be a real pain to get back in where the small screws are at the top ...where those screws to through a rubber boot into a ( nicely over-built ) bronze collar... solid, but nasty to work on.

the later 'other style' uses a small diameter plastic fuller neck, and those are a breeze to remove and re-install. When I got the Van Cafe tank ..it's the one for the later smaller plastic filler neck, and they sold a good used filler neck to go with their tank, or I sold the customer one of mine.

That's the Supplier, the tank, and the type of filler neck I recommend .. and I expect Van Cafe sells new level senders too .. and those are all the same for all 2WD vanagons as far as I know . I've never had to replace one.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "ralph meyermann" <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:27 PM Subject: Gas/fuel tank