Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:54:38 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pedal action migrating towards the floor (clutch)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

I'd just bleed it with a manual bleeding method .. if it bleeds properly ...see how it is then.

if it won't bleed ...like pumps in air .........then clutch MC ..but if that's semi new I wouldn't suspect it. I have seen vans on what might have been their 5th clutch slave cylinder but they still had the ( rusty awful looking ) original clutch MC.

I only see to states of how the lever fits on the cross shaft.. either the come off OK .. or they are terminally rusted in place.

check for flexing clutch slave bracket... just for the fun of it. and make sure the forward support bracket for it is in place.. people leave those off sometimes.. and the slave bracket can flex and eventually crack or break.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 8:27 AM Subject: Re: Pedal action migrating towards the floor (clutch)