Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:40:17 -0800
From:         mark drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Newbie question about auxiliary power

The individual store often has only a small say in allowing overnight parking. The local government has a big say. Some govs have forbidden it all along. Some have allowed it. Some are under to pressure to change. In places where the store is open 24hours it makes less sense to forbid it but other businesses that charge for lodging don't like it. Some govs get significant revenue from lodging taxes etc so they want you to stay where you have to pay so they will get a cut.

I have stayed at a few in my Vanagons but only when I couldn't find something better. My local store is posted forbidding it but is not a 24 hour store. The city forbids it. The lot is patrolled. I see RVs now and then early in the AM that look like they might have been there a while but who knows.

Mark

Mark Tuovinen wrote: > They still allow it here and so does Fred Meyers. > > Mark in AK > > On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Dave Mcneely<mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: > >> So, has WalMart really dropped the invitation (or worse, issued a >> non-invitation) to RV travelers to park in its lots? Seems that is a sure >> way to offend a loyal and affluent group of customers. I always thought >> they encouraged the overnighting because those parking were quite likely to >> go into the store and buy something. Not true? >> >> mcneely >> >> ---- MICHAEL H<vwdash80@YAHOO.COM> wrote: >>> ... yeah, Don, NAPA batts are better. as for local SprawlMart - last >> year's reason to live/love to hate them was no layaway. this year it's `NO >> Overnight RV Parking' `Git er done' somewhere else ... >>>