Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:36:20 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: LCD clock replacement

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM, MICHAEL H <vwdash80@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ...if mine goes I'll use the space for something more practical. between > the watch, stereo and cel phone I really don't need another reminder that > I'm not getting younger as the years go by quicker =(: O) > > --- >

Yah, you can get an LcD stick-on time piece for a few bucks and they keep perfect time. You could put em everywhere. Most have LED lights in em, too. Cheap crap, but if you simply must have the time in front of you as you drive along and you don't already have it on your GPS, your wrist, your Smart phone and/or somewhere else...stick one (or more) of those little dorky clocks wherever you want....and save the extra money you'd spend if you bought a Jan-U-whine VW factory replacement clock. Use the savings to buy some gasoline and go somewhere fun... No wires to mess with or fuses or anything else...

Recently we were discussing an LCD instrument panel display, were we not? There are some very cool wireless GPS large display bicycle computers that would do that job very well indeed. You would have to move your idiot lights somewhere else and get a few gauges for the systems that come off the motor and cooling system, but speedo, outside temp, acceleration, gradient, miles traveled, all kinds of those types of functions, right in front of you on a touch screen format of about 3X5"....