Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:23:46 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: fuel leak, '91 VW Vanagon GL Campmobile 2.1L
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

could be the large grommet sealing the filler tube to the tank, the connections on the filler tube itself (adjacent to the body, inthe wheel well), the small hose coming off the filler tube or it could be one of the 3 (?) grommets in the top of the tank (those grommets which seal the tubes to the expansion tanks).

You might be able to see a leak in the filler assembly, the grommets on the top of the tank are harder to see when tank in van. You can reach in and feel them with your hand. Chances are it is the harder to see grommets. If I was you I'd plan on dropping the tank and replacing them.

alistair