Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2011, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:12:49 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 82 Coolant Tank retrofit help
Comments: To: Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

To better put this in perspective $150 represents ~two tanks of fuel. By not buying unique parts there is no incentive for anyone to make them available.

This is especially true of OEM parts. Yes the dealer charges more. Sometimes way more. But with few exceptions aftermarket parts are less. I find it really bothersome to remove 20 year 150,000 mile parts and have the replacements fail in 2-3 years and 30,000 miles. Whether it be CV joint boots, exhaust parts or even brake pads, shoes, and hoses. The durability or performance is often just not there. But if we want the good stuff and the unique stuff we need to be willing to pay for it.

Dennis