Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Dec 2011 15:11:00 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: ~2mpg reduction in fuel economy: confirmed when sporting a
              roof              rack.
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

this is what I try to tell people will lots of 'stuff' and big racks on the top of their vans.

one very fancy fan I work on...owner says he gets 14mpg.

that's a 3.0 six cylinder Tribecca EZ30 engine, Syncro Vanagon, not terribly large or agressive tires.. but a big ole honkin' full lenght roof rack ( that's empty 11 1/2 months of the year I believe ) plus a pretty big spare tire up there .. by your calculations he's loosing out on $ 500 in fuel costs a year likely. He should be able to do 16 to 17 mpg. it goes really well too of course.

scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 8:51 AM Subject: ~2mpg reduction in fuel economy: confirmed when sporting a roof rack.