Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Dec 2011 14:36:16 -0800
From:         MICHAEL H <vwdash80@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Automatic transmission leak - fixable?

Tabe - very fixable, very survivable. I'm living proof. to wit - had the same leak because the silicone fix from before I owned it gave out. IDK how long it held up but, I will not endorse the [lack of] procedure. after adjusting the cylinder via the bolt/nut opposite I found out the existing seals were okay for a few more miles; no more leak. then I found out that the 92mm x 3mm VW `seals' are $20 each. then I found out that 89mm x 3mm `O rings' will fit at about 1/10th the price for the pair. now, if the neighbors enjoyed watching me rolling under my van in the wet cold - a good day was had by all ...