Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Dec 2011 19:56:53 -0600
From:         tom ring <taring@TARING.ORG>
Subject:      Re: The Vanille Shake Syndrome

Absolutely.

Sometimes it's the connector to Temp Sensor 2, sometimes it's the sensor itself. My '85 has done both.

Clean the connector really well with contact cleaner, then with something gentle to medium abrasive, then flush well with contact cleaner to flush out any abrasive left. Wait for the cleaner to evaporate. Help it along if you want to. Be careful if it's flammable cleaner.

If that fixes it, great. If not I'd try a new sensor. They're not free but aren't bad pricewise.

And I have an O2 sensor issue, I think. But I'll leave that open until after New Year's Day as I won't have time to address it before then.

tom