Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Dec 2011 08:58:11 -0800
From:         Robert Downes <bobdownes@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tranny O-ring size

well, McMaster lists one made of viton for $7.35 in their magical portal -- http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/

viton is pretty good vs atf, it's not the very best but if there's a big price difference between that and the dealership, i'll bet the viton will last a long, long time.

incidentally, if anyone who sees this is unfamiliar with Mcmaster-Carr's website, www.mcmaster.com, i highly recommend poking around there for a minute. i can not say enough good things about that company--i think it's the best designed retail site i've ever used, they carry EVERYTHING, and if you actually come up with a question that the site doesn't answer like it's *reading your mind,* when you call the phone number listed clearly at the top of the page, a patient, knowledgeable , living person--in Ohio!--picks the phone right up and makes sure you are fulfilled when you hang up. every time i've ordered from them, the order has arrived the next day(on the east coast), they charge actual shipping, and if you order the wrong thing, they pay for the return. /glowing-praise

...anyway, just thought this crowd would appreciate it and i've never seen it referenced here