Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:27:15 -0500
From:         "Chris S." <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Price We Pay For Being "Cool"
Comments: To: David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM>

Better lights? Get 7'' round buckets from an earlier Vanagon and stick some e-code headlights in it.

14 mpg? Must be an automatic. Replace with a manual gearbox.

And now you have a perfect vehicle.

Chris.

Wysłane z iPhone'a

Dnia Dec 30, 2011 o godz. 15:01 David M <covrambles@YAHOO.COM> napisał(a):

> Here's what I'd like to improve on the Vanagon: > Better lights - they are pathetic > Better brakes > Much better fuel consumption (14 mpg from a 2.1L is truly awful) > Thats about it, otherwise its damn near perfect. > > PS. I don't pay anything extra to be cool - I'm just naturally that way. > > -David ('87 Wolfsburg) > > > --- On Fri, 12/30/11, Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > > From: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM> > Subject: Re: The Price We Pay For Being "Cool" > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Date: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:41 PM > > I'm in Dave's camp on this one too. If there were such a vehicle with > similar > practical features, I'd get one assuming it was reasonably priced. > Especially > if it were equipped with an engine more powerful e.g. hybrid/gas or > diesel. There > just isn't a viable alternative made yet... unfortunately. > > Ditto on the good sentiments of the list folks.... > > Steven > 91 Westy > > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Joy Hecht <jhecht@alum.mit.edu> wrote: > >> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@cox.net> wrote: >> >>> I don't have a VW camper because others think it is "cool," or because I

>>> do. I have it because it is a tool to make camping practical for an >> aging, >>> crusty old nut and a not always well wife. It is that simple, and if >> there >>> were a comparable, but more reliable vehicle, I would have that. I also