Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:35:25 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Speaking of buttered pumpernickel toast-camp stove toaster
              recommendations?
Comments: To: James Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

I have to disagree with the others who like this kind of toaster. I have one and find it doesn't toast very efficiently. It might be due to the bread used. I have seen another type used to better effect, the US made Camp-a-toaster (http://www.camp-a-toaster.com/).

I'm intrigued by the types that use a SS mesh to distribute/radiate the heat, like this one:

http://www.getoutoutfitters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=1196&zenid=8foupd3i31angdknhu2hersjr4

or this one:

http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/stainless-steel-marine-toaster-for-boats-camping-p-1091.html

more expensive to be sure, but maybe worth trying to copy.

alistair