Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jan 2012 03:19:47 +0000
From:         Skip <skiplaubach@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Which fuel distribution manifold?
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

----- Original Message ----- From: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> To: George Laubach <skiplaubach@COMCAST.NET>, vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 00:31:53 -0000 (UTC) Subject: Re: Which fuel distribution manifold?

why do you want to replace them ? they sure seem like the most indestructible plastic on earth to me. ( I hammer them into hard ground for tent stakes ....just joking......but they could withstand that I bet ) .

I have seen thousands of them and never seen a problem with one. I have about 40 good used ones in stock.

the aluminum ones ....very nice.. except for one thing ..if it's like the ones I have seen a picture of. . if their idea is to have a small fuel pressure on there full time.. from a safety viewpoint I can't go along with that all. There is NO factory car with a fuel pressure gauge on the engine full time. That would just be unsafe in a crash ..duh.

you know the old rule.. if it can screw up ...eventually it will. if fitted on an engine ..a fuel pressure guage.......eventually one will get damaged in a crash and leak fuel around.

Scott turbovans

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Laubach" To: Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:25 PM Subject: Which fuel distribution manifold?

84 Westy 1.9L WBXR Manual

I need to replace my original fuel distribution manifolds.

Preference? The alternate aluminum units from our esteemed suppliers? Or a pair of used black plastic ones (OE)?

Thank you for your opinions and why's.

Skip Elgin, IL

Sent from my iPad=