Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2011, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:35:24 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: The Price We Pay For Being "Cool"
Comments: To: Derek Drew <derekdrew@DEREKMAIL.COM>

At 03:29 PM 12/29/2011, Derek Drew wrote: >The most important thing is to 1) defend the van against the >instinctual preelections of some spouses to want to stamp the van >thing out; DON'T let her, and 2) defend your life with your >significant other against the van activities ruthlessly..... for >example.... no van parts should be allowed to encroach on the common >living areas of the house, no motors under the bed, no smells of oil >in the house, and limit van artifacts in the regular part of the >household to no more than two toys. In other words, SHE needs to be >protected from your inner van person and YOU are the only one who can >really police this.

I'm quoting this in full because I think it is truly profound advice.

>WTF

Mod speaking - we don't do that one here. :)

> is with this list anyway. Somebody posts that they would rather >shoot themselves than have put a Meyle fan blower motor in there, and >everybody is like, wa???????...... the only other choice at $150 for >AEG is 3X the price. > >The list came back with NO advice or commentary upon this issue of >the purported horribleness of Meyle fans.

Someone reported a balance problem at high speed.

I installed a Meyle blower in Millee's van. The blower wheel did not have metal balancing clips like the OEM, and there was a good deal of molding flash along the edges of the blades. Installed, the blower was unpleasantly whiny on speeds one and two. On speed three the rush of air overpowered the whiny noise. Millee didn't care but it would have driven me nuts.

Yours, David