Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:38:51 -0800
From:         Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Frydaye - Goldie makes Hagerty News
Comments: To: Pete Owsianowski <pnoceanwesty@gmail.com>

Heck, just in any parking lot we have people coming up to talk about the bus.

The other day we were at a feed store to get beet pulp for my husband's horse who is elderly and unfortunately has laminitis (an often fatal condition). The young cowboy who loaded our feed is into four-wheel drives (owns a Dodge Cummins 4wd pickup, as do we) and immediately noticed that the Syncro was in fact different than other VW vans. He even looked underneath it and expressed fascination with the Syncro. He told my husband he was interested in any 4wd, especially rare and different ones; it was a nice conversation.

One of my favorite drives is Monument Valley in Arizona; also the entire drive up there through the Navajo Reservation outside of Flagstaff. Painted Desert tour is great too. First took that drive in my parents' 1986 Vanagon.

Donna, 87 Syncro