Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:16:32 -0800
From:         HotelWestfalia <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Separating the Engine Case. Any tips?
Comments: To: phishman068@GMAIL.COM

I use a 90 degree nose circlip pliers. The straigh one did not work. And it has to be a bigger size that would reach in there. Also the circlip needs to be turned into position. I also made out of 2x4 a piece that will hold the piston against the block. I use a threaded bar to push through the pin and put a nut on the end of it, holding it with a strong magnet. (You don't want to drop it inside the engine.) Then I put a slide hammer on it and with a few slides it comes out. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Cowan" <phishman068@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:41 AM Subject: Re: Separating the Engine Case. Any tips?

Okay, so how do I get the pistons off? I see the wrist pin has to be pulled thought the water pump hole but what's the trick to getting that circlip off?

Sent from my iPhone