Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:52:11 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      Re: "Permanent" poptop insulation
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@GCI.NET>

Hi David and Troy

The Thermal insulation is easy to put up and take down. You will want to take down any or all insulations from time to time to dry them out due to condensation and reduction of mold and mildew to let them breath. I have looked into temptrol but it is aluminum and if you do not face it the silver ( aluminum ) will make the canvas it rubs against Black. It could be done but all you really are doing is a thin insulation with no real r- Value but you do get radiant reflective heat. It would work but be a bit less effective. I made the R-8 to go Extreme. I could make one with the thin fabric and back it as well if you like. It has been a few years since I contacted the supplier for temptrol but could again. Not sure if anyone is interested in a more basic version. Can make it the same way and attach the same using my same pattern. So it is not a biggie. I do have another material called solar shield. Silver on one side and white on the other. color will not wear off and it is strong by it self. We use to make the out side thermals out of that. I still like my R-8 Thermal the most. But can make it out of any material within reason.

Jonce

Shameless plug: http://fanchers.com/72/80-91%20VW%20Vanagon.htm