Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:15:29 -0800
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: It's Frydaye and...  SF memories
Comments: To: Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM>

I did two navy tours in the SF Bay area in the 80's, one as a young single man, and the second as a newlywed. Boy do I miss it! The fog rolling in the Golden Gate while drinking many Irish coffees and eating pot roast at the Buena Vista... The scent of the eucalyptus....... October sunshine with alternating warm & cool breezes....... Hot, hot, hot Hunan food at Brandy Ho's...... Beach Blanket Babylon (in the old days)....... Timing a climb up a hill to be at the top flat spot with no cars in front to avoid burning out the clutch on my Porsche...... Hanging off the cable car like a tourist, smelling the hot metal smell of the cable....... Cioppino and sambuca at Scoma's...... Hanging out with a cold one in Santa Cruz on a summer afternoon...... Running up to Tahoe to ski....... When I win the lottery I'm going to buy an apartment in the City. Thanks.  You've inspired me! Cheers, Anthony (in northeast Florida) '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) ________________________________ From: Donna Skarloken <dskarloken@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 6:48 PM Subject: Re: It's Frydaye and... January is a difficult month for inspiration.  However, I am in a pretty good mood for the moment - sitting at work, but the view out the window of San Francisco Bay on a sunny day is magnificent and inspiring - works for me.