Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:48:15 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday...Jerk at the Border Crossing..
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

It is 'wrong' Don . for sure .. and ....can't get too political here.... it started with 9/11 and G. Bush and team changning laws.. in the name of pretecting this piece of land we took from someone else anyway, in the first place.

so now...they really can detain you for nothing more than a suspecion . any border crossing or internation airport.. if they don't like how you act .... the treashhold of what constitutes 'enough' to hold and question anyone is quite low. If they think you are nervous .. that is enough. A 'hunch' is enough.

That official was very right to warn you about what you say .. if you were to make even the most oblique reference to anything ...odd.. "I feel like my teeth might blow up" ... they'd be all over you in an instant.

and yes....so sad the guy had to be nasty .. We could feel sorry for him.. doesn't sound like his daily life is that fun or rewarding. It's sad actually. that people have to have jobs like that.. I've been in a Ca DMV where they just acted like me asking to register a car was a huge bother..or even a crime. Just nasty and not nice. Perhaps it's not like that anymore. I used to register and title my cars at CSAA ..the auto club offices ..they weren't angry state employess. They were pretty nice actually.

Sorry you had to go through all that. I'll pmail about where that all started if anyone wants. I sure hope humans do better.

Freedom of speech is frequently stomped on in post 9/11 times in our own country. You havn't notice the miltarization of police units everywhere ? for example.

won't go on .. we are lucky we can get gas and diesel fuel and drive our vanagons yet. Plenty to be thankful even still. Most people who study and track it all think it's pretty bad and ..can't help think that it could get worse, much worse, and easily . Speaking globally. Not to be pessimistic of course.

the latest ...

"Be Agents of Love, Wizzards of Fun. We will try, mostly, to behave. "

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hanson" <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 5:00 PM Subject: Friday...Jerk at the Border Crossing..