Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jan 2012 01:28:40 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: '84 Westy FS on CL in VA
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>

Geez, guys, so negative! As the owner of an '85 Weekender, I kinda liked the interior on this one. The Weekender is my third Vanagon Westy, two prior were full campers and I never used the fridge, used the stove maybe twice. Did use the sink from time to time, mostly for my contact lenses if the camp ground bathroom was skanky! I like the extra space. Jeff Stewart ----- Original Message ----- > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Edward Maglott <emaglott3@gmail.com> > wrote: > > He says: > > > > Factory 'kitchen' has been removed. Because it was stupid...Who > > needs > > a fridge that can only hold a 6 pack and what are you going to do > > with 8 sugar cube sized ice cubes. > > > > and then: > > > > Modifications: > > New floor. Vinyl professionally installed, carpet removed. The first > > time you spill the cooler you'll understand why this was a good > > idea. > > > > Hmmm, I can get a lot more than a 6pack in my fridge and like that > > my > > food doesn't end up all wet and I never have to find ice and never > > have to worry about "spill the cooler." To each his own... glad he > > at least saved all the parts. I guess he thinks his modifications > > are a good selling point for a prospective buyer. > > > I think he must think he's improved the Van by making it less useful > (most > Westie buyers seem to buy them because they ARE complete campers with > kitchens, fridges and sinks and water systems) I'd guess he will be > waiting a while to find a buyer who wants a fixed-down Westie with a > stock > motor at that price....but then I am surprised at what appeals to some > folks. > Don Hanson > > > > Edward > >