Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jan 2012 23:06:09 -0330
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Hesitation...kind of...

This sounds like the problem I've been trying to get diagnosed and fixed in my van for a year now. It started out quite intermittent, mechanics never could see it happen and therefore had no way to diagnose and fix it. Got worse and worse till the van was pretty much undriveable but at least my mechanic could observe the problem. After much poking and prodding, he decided it was the air flow meter. Got a new one, still have the problem. His latest theory is that the AFM needs adjusting - I'm bringing the van in tomorrow for that.

I'll be amazed if my van EVER works properly again. Or works at all, since I won't drive it with it dying all the time.

Sorry, I daresay that isn't very encouraging! But you probably know more about van mechanics than I do. The mechanical issues, that is - not the people who fix them. I"m getting to know the people who fix them much better than I ever wanted to.

Joy