Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:30:17 -0800
From:         Stefaan Kiebooms <skiebooms@EXPRESSLOGIC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Blinking Temp Light
Comments: To: Mister Tom <TomsGroups@SALICOS.COM>

Time to replace the temp gauge.

I had a similar issue, the light would stay on, longer and longer. I tried replacing the coolant sensor. I tried the cap fix, which goofed up the whole gauge, so I ended up replacing the gauge with one I bought on Ebay for $10 and haven't had an issue since.

Stefaan

On 1/24/2012 4:56 PM, Mister Tom wrote: > When I start my '87 Syncro Westy the LED flashes as it should, then stops. > Recently it has been coming back on blinking, sometimes for a bit, then > stopping by itself. Other times it stays until I turn the power off and > restart. > > Burp tank is full and cap sensor is duly wiggled. Still happens. > > I know there is a voltage regulator and a castapitor on the instrument > cluster. Is it time to shotgun these, or might there be a better starting > point, given my symptoms. > > TIA, > > Tom Salicos > '87 Syncro Westy EG-33 > >

Stefaan Kiebooms - Senior Software Engineer

Technical Assistance

email: skiebooms@expresslogic.com

phone: 858 613 6640 ext 205

www.expresslogic.com

-----

This email message and any accompanying attachment(s) are for the sole use

of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged

by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.