Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:36:38 -0600
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon? Really? Gasoline vs. Diesel-again.
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>

Now that's a good "apples to apples" diesel verses gas comparison.

Another one is with Mercedes S class, of which I've owned several. A 1986 420SEL is rated 15 MPG in town, 18 MPG Highway and also burns premium gas only. My same year, same body 300SDL diesel got 22 MPG city and 25 MPG highway.

I would expect the same mileage ratio in a diesel verses gas Vanagon and is something to consider when doing a conversion.

Thanks, Tom Hargrave www.stir-plate.com www.towercooler.com www.kegkits.com