Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2012, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:28:10 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.25 ratio rockers on 1.9L motor?
Comments: To: Tom Boldway <jboldway@HOTMAIL.COM>

The ratio rockers do function. As to the performance increase it is incremental and probably only really noticed at high RPMS which you only want to use for short periods anyway. The down side is that they do increase valve train wear which really needs to be considered if you have AMC heads with the soft valve stems. The ratio rockers may wipe them out in short order. Along with your other modfications consider a complete 2.1 exhaust and the 2.1 throttle body which is larger than the 1.9.

Dennis