Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Feb 2012 12:13:08 -0800
From:         neil n <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fixed my Honda, Thought: Honda 2.4 I-VTEC Engine into Vanagon?
Comments: To: Jim Akiba <syncrolist@bostig.com>

Hi Jim.

My initial "Friday" thoughts are pretty much just that. The engine was there, staring me in the face, tape measure nearby..... ;)

Hypothetically speaking, if I had a proper space, a spare Vanagon etc., at best it would be an interesting exercise. I do appreciate what you're suggesting. Even "designing" and making my new engine carrier is challenging enough. (I really hope it works out). Can't imagine tackling something like a Honda engine swap!

Neil.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Jim Akiba <syncrolist@bostig.com> wrote:

> "ROUGH measurements of Honda engine length show it might fit the > Vanagon engine bay (though what looks like the cam(s) position sensor > juts into Vanagon firewall) and height from crank OC shows engine may > fit under lid. (though did NOT measure down to oil pan bottom). The > coolant hose in/out looks similar to my ABA so that's not an issue." > > > This reminds me of something I did way back when. I would encourage > the curious, but would advise correcting this before doing anything > else: > > "(though did NOT measure down to oil pan bottom)" > > I would think you'll find the rest of the effort vastly more > troublesome and time consuming than this, and perhaps precluded by it > as well. > > Cheers, > > Jim Akiba

-- Neil n

65 kb image Myford Ready For Assembly  http://tinyurl.com/64sx4rp

'81 VanaJetta 2.0 "Jaco"  http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/

Vanagon VAG Gas I4/VR Swap Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/vanagons-with-vw-inline-4-cylinder-gas-engines