Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Feb 2012 12:59:34 -0500
From:         Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@FRONTIER.COM>
Subject:      17" Bus Tires?? Avail?

Hi all Many of the VW suppliers are coming up with 17" BRM style and Cosmic style Wheels. The wheels are 7" wide

My Questions is: Are there 17" Tires with the correct Rating to use these Wheels. I will be using them on a 71 Bus which many of you know has the 5x112 bolt pattern same as the Vanagon.

They also sell 5x15 Inch wheels in the correct bolt pattern (5x112). Not sure If I will use the 7x17 or the 5x15 Yet but any suggestions on where to find correct Tires for this Bus.

I know, No one wants to talk about tires again and I know I am not one to want to start a war BUT I need to know. Also would like to know what size it would be to finish out a bit shorter in side wall then a stock Tire. Stock I think is 195 R 14. could be 185R14 but I have not looked in some time to confirm.

Thanks Jonce