Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:02:49 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Bus Depot Discount Code & Shipping to Canada

> It is not complicated for you. The people at Bus Depot have to fill out a form/tag > with the value of the item which is attached on the outside of the package. The > one caution that should be taken is to have it shipped by USPS "mail" parcel > post, NOT UPS or FEDX. There will be a broker fee with the latter services which > may exceed the value of the goods

We have a lot of Canadian customers and ship to Canada daily, so this is routine for us. We use USPS (mail) for most shipments but also offer FedEx Air. Ted is right in advising you to stay away from any UPS or FedEx shipments that do not go by Air. The brokerage fees can be tremendous and are not disclosed in advance; you can get a nasty bill upon delivery. However, FedEx Air shipments do not incur those fees, as they are included in the shipping charge. Normally FedEx Air is much pricier than USPS, but we get nearly a 50% negotiated discount and pass it on to our customers, which makes it an affordable alternative in some cases. (And delivery takes just a few days to anywhere in Canada.) We also label our parts as "for motor vehicle 25 years or older," which in some cases can reduce the import duty. If you place an order online, we quote you on your various shipping options by email shortly after receiving your order.

> Oh, and could someone please send me the Bus Depot > vanagon discount code, if it's still available?

It is still available to active list members. The code is list1e and it goes in the "referral code" field on checkout. It gives you a 5% discount on most orders over $50. There are certain exclusions, most notably sale items, made-to-order or special-order items, tires/wheels, engines/transmissions, and gift certificates. You can use the code repeatedly, but please don't publicize it outside of this List.

- Ron Salmon   The Bus Depot, Inc.   www.busdepot.com   (215)  234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # :  1-866-BUS-DEPOT