Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Feb 2012 09:43:51 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas Brand Preferences?

I am in Evan's neck of the woods - and can attest that we do not have many of those stations here.

I mostly fule up at a local Sunrise station - but swear I have no idea what gas they are using - I think it might be BP gas. Same with the other station I use wich is a Valero - I have no clue if their gas is exclusive or what it is.

I will say thought there are a couple stations around here (mostly Mobile stations and they are owned by the same people) that charge up to .17 more per gallon if you are paying with a credit card as opposed to cash. I refuse to get gas there and if it weren't for the fact of their location and that I love their coffee I doubt I would shp there at all.

Having said that though I think the decision to charge more for using Credit card is not a gas chain type decision - it is the decision of the particular station you are at and has nothing to do with what brand gas they sell.

My son and I were heading out just this Saturday and I had forgotten I needed gas ( I was quite low) and this Mobile station was my only option) I had cash (wich is odd becuase I almost never carry cash) and decided I should get gas there to be safe. I was also going to get some coffee and something for the boy to drink. When I got the nozzle in the tank the pump wouldn't run - then I hear the attendant inside "You have to pay first". WHat??!!! I know this is a common practice in cities and places that have a high drive off rate but this station is in the middle of NO WHERE'sville - very rural - extremely low crime rate. Very inconvenient to say the least. I had to get gas but we didn't fill up there - I put in $5 just to be sure I had enough to get to my usualy station.

-- Thanks,

Jeff '85 GL (Gertie) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus