Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:59:40 -0500
From:         "Steve Drier." <Vanvw1@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon Digest - 8 Feb 2012 to 9 Feb 2012 (#2012-94)

Is that Daryl from the Wagon Shop???

In a message dated 2/9/2012 9:16:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Topics of the day:

1. Special Thanks to Daryl of AA Transaxle (2) 2. Tools and spare parts (2)

Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:57:26 -0700 From: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET> Subject: Re: Special Thanks to Daryl of AA Transaxle

Daryl

Will ya take 2 broke tranys fer it {:-))

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:04:31 -0600 From: Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> Subject: Re: Tools and spare parts

---- Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA> wrote: > Well, ask an inhabitant of either Turkey, South Africa, or Greece (Crete) if they consider themselves in a first or third world country. > > "The term Third World arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either capitalism and NATO (which along with its allies represented the First World), or communism and the Soviet Union (which along with its allies represented the Second World). This definition provided a way of broadly categorizing the nations of the earth into three groups based on social, political, and economic divisions."

Alistair, notice how easily one slips from vanagon related commentary to completely off topic, just by following a thread? I'm not complaining or policing. I'm just mentioning, and perhaps suggesting that when others do so, you might not be so quick to upbraid them. mcneely > > > alistair > > > > On 2012-02-08, at 7:36 PM, Richard A Jones wrote: > > >> Vanagons are, for the most part, a first world luxury. > > > > Alistair: > > > > I disagree. Originally T3s were very popular outside the 1st > > world as delivery, repair, etc, vehicles. I remember them > > all over Crete in the late 80s. They were the last Type 2 > > that had clearance. Is South Africa in the 1st world? > > > > [T4s and T5s are mostly 1st world, paved roads, although > > there sure are lots of them in Turkey. And you can buy them > > lots of places--for example, Peru: > > http://www.volkswagen-cv-la.com/region/latin/es/models/transporter.html > > Ooooo, a single-cab T5 with a TDI--or a double-cab: > > http://www.volkswagen-cv-la.com/region/latin/es/models/transporter/pritschenwagen.html] > > Can I have one, please, Mr VW? > > > > Richard

-- David McNeely

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 07:49:24 -0800 From: Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA> Subject: Re: Tools and spare parts

I'm quick to upbraid off topic posts?

No, I don't think so. I make a comment when the off - topic thread runs = on and on. Seems you do not have the same patience.

alistair

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:42:00 -0900 From: Mark Tuovinen <aksyncronaut@GMAIL.COM> Subject: Re: Special Thanks to Daryl of AA Transaxle

We drove our Vanagon for the trip, it was stored at Daryl's before and after the trip.

Mark in AK

End of vanagon Digest - 8 Feb 2012 to 9 Feb 2012 (#2012-94) ***********************************************************