Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:03:42 -0800
From:         "John C..." <yacoltyayhoo@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Triple A upgrade

hey all just chatting us'ns retired folk w/too much time on our hands and missin' the parking lot freeways on the way to work !!! :o)

Stuck 30" deep in a sand wash in my 87 Syncro Just East of Death Valley on the way to Parump. I shouldn't have been racing the washes fer sure !!! ;o) We dug for 2 hours with my little folding army shovel to no avail. Pure quick sand! And my son needed to be at the LV airport early the next AM!

I've never been so grateful for a truck to winch me out !!!

I had to hustle 3 miles to the main road so he could even find me and then he informed me that he wasn't even supposed to go down the wash where my Van was. But he did... and me with only a fiver to tip him with...

And the ladies that controlled the SOS Called through out the night to see if we were OK, but we weren't in cell service. I had to hike out a bit to find a connection.

I love AAA !!! wouldn't own a Vanagon with out it !!! heh..heh... &&& It's time to renew !

& I always Need to remember to ask for the Flatbed!

& yes! Bubba can be Very scary !!! I was towed by him in N Las Vegas Said he'd just been released and didn't like the fact that I complained about his on rollerskate wheeled tow....

:o)

--

Let's walk into the forest Only witnessed by the moon And the breeze that once would chill us Now excites And we'll touch the secret places As the earth beneath us breathes And the raw exquisite ecstasy Rushes in