Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Feb 2012 05:53:00 -0800
From:         Dake Collins <wuwe423@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Preemptive water pump replacement?  Miscellaneous Chatter
Comments: To: "mcneely4@COX.NET" <mcneely4@COX.NET>

Tom, I am not, by any definition, an expert on these things -  I rely on other for such things. I use 20-50 oil and it has worked for me in coastal  & downeast Maine for the 7+ years I've owned my '84 Westy. I use it because it's what was recommended to me by a friend who I consider to be knowledgeable about such things. I hope this helps & if anyone has a suggestion as to why I shouldn't use 20-50 - please let me know. Dake ________________________________ From: Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:20 PM Subject: Re: Preemptive water pump replacement? Miscellaneous Chatter Dake, maybe you could clue Tom in on the oil you use and why. ---- Dake Collins <wuwe423@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Hi Tom, Welcome to Maine, I'm looking forward to having another list member in the area & closer than Houlton. I park my '84 Westy in Liberty, just outside of Belfast and home of Liberty Tool Co. (a must see in Maine). I get to Blue Hill frequently. I attend some of the campouts (just got back from Dead of Winter in Georgia) but mostly I explore on my own - if you're unfamiliar with Maine I'd be glad to show you some of the sights. Give me a shout when you get your wheels under you in Blue Hill. Welcome to Maine, Dake ________________________________ I am finally getting ready to leave Salt lake City for Blue Hill, Maine, & am wondering whether I should put the new Heppu water pump I have in my parts stash in now instead of on the road in some god forsaken place on the way?  My present water pump appears to be doing fine, but has about 87.5k on it after I had it replaced while on a road trip, 8 years ago. I am looking forward to attending some of the East coast campouts this Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter, so hide your good looking wimin, & bring out the syncro dokas as I am interested. YMMV, Mr. BZ-what's a guy from Hawaii doing moving to Maine?  (Besides Mike in Houlton Maine)?  Answer:  Grandkids! -- David McNeely