Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:04:06 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas prices
Comments: To: ralph meyermann <ralphmeyermann@GMAIL.COM>

we are so lucky to be able to get that precious juice it's just incredible.

If one actually thinks of what it takes to find the stuff in the ground.. pump it out, ship it, refine it, turn it into useable gas or diesel fuel, then ship it to where we stick the nozzle in the filler neck .. gas could or 'should' cost 10 times what it does.

Hard to say if oil companies are being subsidized a lot or not .. in any case.. it is amazing that it's as available and as inexpensive as it is. wherever it comes from. I have read about countries where gas is 20 cents a gallon.

I think it's safe to say the age of oil is gradually giving away to the age of the electron.

< and if they'd listen to me about the total advantages of the abundantly squandered tidal forces that can never stop, as long as there is water on the planet and a moon ...we could make a thousand times the electricity we do now.. without depending on snow in the mountains, or waves at sea, or wind blowing, or nuclear or coal power >

I'd also say ....in common perception automotive use of fossil fuel is the primary area of consumption. I suspect it is not.. and that shipping stuff around, by trucks, ships and aircraft.. and military use is a far greater area of consumption.

Heck...for a flight to Tokyo by large jetliner ...they load up 200,000 lbs of Jet fuel for that trip .. at 6 lbs per gallon ...that's a lot of gas. and that is just one flight of thousands per year. There can not possibly be that much fuel in the ground ! If humans live long enough .. these will be seen as barbaric and crude times.

There are literally ...as many as ..would be a great number to try to actually take a measured stab at .. I suspect there are up to 5 million engines running every single second of every single day , without ever stopping on this planet. And to think that doesn't or couldn't cause climate change or warming is just ludicrous.

and I am hoping every second the enrivonmental costs of war and killing people will been seen as so terribly high that there will be some shift....even if's just back to arrows and spears ... but *something* to stop burning so much fossil fuel burning. !! It's a dead end road ultimately ...especially with so many humans on the planet. anyway .. we sure are lucky to get the stuff to run our fine vans on. very thankful for that. and not taken for granted at all.

we have a lot to be grateful for sure. let's intent for humans to realize that and care for things responsibly and ongoingly. I think it's fair to say there is a ways to go yet in that department. meanwhile.. thank the VW or whatever gods for our fine machines and the juice to run them on.

you know who. S.

On 2/24/2012 2:54 PM, ralph meyermann wrote: > They'll find any excuse to make more$$$! > > Velma 82diesel 1.6 na westy > > On Feb 24, 2012 4:52 PM, "Tom Hargrave"<thargrav@hiwaay.net> wrote: > > My comment was heading the same way but some believe they are a peaceful > country and I stopped short. > > > Thanks, Tom Hargrave > www.stir-plate.com > www.towercooler.com > www.kegkits.com > > > -----Original Message... > > From: Chris S. [mailto:szpejankowski@gmail.com] > Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 4:42 PM > To: Tom Har... >