Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Feb 2012 17:17:35 -0800
From:         Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas prices
Comments: To: michael hann <hann.michael@gmail.com>

What makes you think oil comes from dinosaurs?

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/apr/20/who-knew-so-where-does-oil-really-come-from/?commentary

>>Recently a small number of scientists have suggested this oil is abiogenic, meaning hydrocarbons of purely inorganic origin exist in the Earth's interior and are generated from the Earth itself. They often come to the surface where tectonic plates come together. A 2002 article in a prestigious journal described how Russian scientists were able to produce hydrocarbons from elements present in the center of the Earth, including iron and calcium carbonate, under temperatures and pressures believed to be found in the Earth's mantle. They felt these experiments provided the science for the genesis of hydrocarbons and the origin of petroleum.<<

Try google 'refilling oil wells'.

There is so much 'we' don't know, so much that 'we' don't know enough to ask the questions yet.

Rob becida@comcast.net

At 2/24/2012 04:27 PM, michael hann wrote: >how many dinosaurs had to die in iraq, iran, saudi arabi for there >to be this huge oil lake underground?