Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:45:35 -0800
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: TPMS (was Checked your spare tire recently? Spare Tire Size)
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

You're lucky then Dave. Automotive Trade Magazines tell me that on some systems... it's necessary to 'tell' the TPMS where which tire and it's transmitter are now.. you have to 'teach' the system where each tire is.. on systems that have a dedicated per tire transmitter.

other systems, according to what I read use the ABS system to tell when something is not right tire pressure wise.. and may not be able to identify 'the' tire .. but will turn on a warning light. The Federal requirement is that ..I think...if a tire gets below something like 65 % of correct pressure .. the driver gets a warning.

Personally I believe in being smarter about what is going on with one's vehicle, not dumber. I notice GPS can help one not keep the picture picture in their mind of where they are going .. kinda makes people dumber that way...for example.

On 2/26/2012 8:36 PM, Dave Mcneely wrote: > ---- Dennis Haynes<d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote: >> many cars have means to program or reset them without additional tools. > the only one I am familiar with provides a generic warning for any tire when low. a simple button under the dash reprograms when the tires are rotated. mcneely >