Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:04:28 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mufflers re-dux (pipe strangeness)
Comments: To: mcneely4@COX.NET

Check the Yellow Pages for Ceramic Coating or call a speed shop and see who they recommend.  Or you can Google Jet-Hot Coating and see what turns up.  That's a brand name but you'll find alternatives.   I called the engine guy who'd just helicoiled my cylinder head and he referred me.  I got a quote for about $20/foot for my system locally, but a three-week turnaround.  The guy could have given a more precise quote on seeing it.  I was willing to spend the money (my wife was not), but wanted to go camping as soon as I could finish since I'd already gotten the time off from work.    Also, the coating guy suggested installing the new system completely to make sure everything fits properly, then remove it for coating.  Lots of work, but without the coating you'd probably do the same job twice more anyway.   Stephen