Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:30:44 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 81 Air cooled... Engine conversion options??
Comments: To: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@yahoo.com>

I agree with Robert. While I didn't convert an aircooled van, nor did I complete the installation of the inline 4 gas VW motor that came with my 84 van....I did swap in another Jetta 2 liter ABA motor a few years back and I couldn't be more pleased with how it works. 93 Jetta from Craigs List cost me $300 and it took about 10hrs to swap over the head from my original inline motor onto the ABA block and put it back into my van... Great power, good fuel consumption, cheap parts, simple to work... Don Hanson