Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2012, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:04:31 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Stripped oil plug. Helicoil or self-tapping?
Comments: To: Tim Englund <tim.englund@gmail.com>

Tim,

Time sert is the best. Use them all the time for this repair. Stronger than original once done. Over sized causes problems with bigger head on drain plug having less clearance in recessed hole. Had to service a few of these and they are a pain. Plus they can easily be stripped out again. Time sert cant.